Here's my baseline and what my sheets look like right now.
Nothing that came before matters. There's only tomorrow. Well, not in this case, since it's Friday night.
Current account value (08/01/2008): $171,339.05
Starting value (01/01/2008): $150,675.55
So that would be about a 13% return this year so far. I have a longstanding tendency to have a big first half then spend the second half of the year giving back a lot of my gains. At least now I'm aware of the tendency and actively guarding against it.
By lot, I have 53 winners and 21 losers so far this year. By symbol, I have 16 winners and 5 losers.
Biggest winners this year were FXP, twice and ABK puts. The biggest loser was CRZO.
My current positions (symbol, number of shares, current dollar value as of today's close)
- SMN (1000), 34720.00. Put this position on in mid-late June between 26 and 28.
- GSK (600), 27804.00. Bought it off the island it made. A lot of the drug charts started looking like they'd bottomed.
- DZZ (700) 19523.00. I started building this position when gold broke his trendline around 950-ish.
- RTH (100) 8725.00. Chart and several constituents look double-bottomy. I only have a little on because I wanted it closer to the 85 level.
- MO (800) 16720.00. All put on at 20.05 on a double-bottom with divergences. Scared the crap out of me yesterday.
- PFE (700) 13020.00. Gapped up above resistance, wedging back.
- WLP (300) 15471.00. Island bottom in this and several of the managed care stocks.